Photobucket Photobucket

20 Jul 2012

Rated Ruby Goe

A copious amount of alcohol and uneasy start to the day has ended in me being splayed across my bed by 11pm on a Friday night. However, everything happens for a reason and in a certain order, so I believe and thus I have discovered some new music to fluff out my recently played playlist for the coming months only because of said alcohol consumption.

East London entrepreneur and star in the making Ruby Goe caught my undivided attention with her distinct vocals this evening after reading a lovely wee interview with her in the latest issue of Dazed & Confused. A bit like a more vocally capable Santigold (no disrespect - I love Santi!), Ruby's single 'Badman' kicks off with some lovely electronic beats followed by thumping synths while her vocals evolve throughout the track from reserved to emotive, 'shot down those tiny daggers from your mouth' (bloody good line!). This has anthem written all over it.

She cranks up the tempo further with 'Get On It' which is basically about getting set for a night out and then getting on 'it'. It starts off with some heavy bass and rough synths only to burst into a marching band drum beat before the chorus belts you in the nuts. I've only listened to this through ear phones but I can only imagine how amazing it's going to feel when it's pounding out of my speakers tomorrow morning (sorry naybz). Check out the video too where she chunders black oil and then throws it at the wall. Standard.

Big things are coming this girl's way!

No comments :

Post a Comment