Photobucket Photobucket

17 Mar 2014

Sia - Chandelier

Sia Furler is my favourite singer, songwriter, pure musical marvel. I can't deny my unlimited adoration for the work she does but as always I try to remain as unbiased in my posts as I can muster. Her new song Chandelier premiered at 4am UK time. I listened to it at 9.05am UK time. It's now 11.30pm and I'm on play number... something. 

This is a special song and it's certainly a special moment in Sia's career. She has always made it clear that she doesn't want to be in the 'spotlight'. Some say her songwriting and vocal credits on mammoth hits Titanium and Wild Ones, as well as working with the likes of Christina Aguilera, Rihanna and BeyoncĂ©, contradict this. You can write and produce magical music without craving fame.


Chandelier is an r&b tinged outing, with a ridiculous chorus and by "ridiculous" I mean incredible. Her vocals soar up there, right bloody up there and what you initially interpret as a song about getting smashed and literally swinging from a chandelier turns into a song about taking chances and being shit scared about the whole thing, “I’m holding on for dear life, won’t look down won’t open my eyes”. This new song is an indicator of one hell of a pop album coming our way, I can feel it.

5/5

No comments :

Post a Comment