Photobucket Photobucket

3 Dec 2014

Meghan Trainor - Lips Are Moving

CLICK FOR AUDIO
If you've never heard Meghan Trainor's debut single 'All About That Bass' you must be a hermit, living in the Himalayas, in a cave and even then I'd be surprised that you'd not heard it booming through the airwaves. Honestly, I hated the song when it burst into the charts but with a ridiculous amount of airplay it spread through me like a virus and now I can say that I enjoy it a lot more than I enjoy Pharrell's 'Happy'. 

Her second single 'Lips Are Moving' probably won't match the mammoth success of its predecessor but that's not to say it's awful. Really this is just more of the same, poppy beats and an infectious sax melody couple with rapid fire lyricism about no good liars. Girl power etc. It doesn't have the instant hook of 'All About That Bass', nor does it have a sterling chorus or original arrangement. What it does have is charm, not oodles, but a splash. 

2.5 / 5

No comments :

Post a Comment