Photobucket Photobucket

29 Oct 2013

Rated: Geri Halliwell - Half Of Me

This is how I felt when I first saw/heard this:


Good on Geri for at least attempting to sing in the studio, let alone record a new song and perform it live in front of thousands at a live event in Australia (it was like an F1 pile up followed by an atom bomb filled with shit). Not so good on her for coming out with this, 'Half Of Me'. One of those awful songs, built up to simplicity, that sticks in your head and just won't leave... ever. It's infectious, but it's also appalling pop music. "I gave you the finger/you took me to dinner/and you made me laugh" she 'sings' over Poundland production. The whole affair isn't helped by the video, a right shit storm of a thing that had me cringing in my seat. I almost wished I was dead.

1/5

PS: I try to avoid the zero mark where possible and in this instance, just for effort and out of pity, she gets 1.

No comments :

Post a Comment