Photobucket Photobucket

15 Feb 2012

Rated Brown - Grammy Injustice

I cannot believe Chris Brown was honoured with a Grammy Award for Best R'N'B Album last week. Have we forgotten he smashed his girlfriend's face into the dash board of his car and put her in a choke hold till she almost passed out? Ok, I'm the first to admit some bias when it comes to Rihanna (such a babe) but regardless of who she is, it's pretty sick that A: he gets away with it and B: he is applauded for and actually allowed to perform at a prestigious musical awards ceremony that features a tribute to a great artist like Whitney Houston. 

Shame.
It's a sad state of affairs when a woman beater gets an accolade like this. It actually angers me that people are fickle enough to forgive and forget an incident like this. Yeah so I might have bought 'Yeah 3x', I'll hold my hands up and admit that foible. However, I would never and will never buy one of his albums, which by the way I think are completely awful. It's up to Rihanna if she wants to interact with the man who pummelled her till she resembled a piece of fruit thrown down the emergency stairs of the Empire State building. It's also up to her fans, particularly those who are so obsessed they can't make up their own mind and form their own opinions on the matter, if they want to do the same and forgive. I however, will never condone behaviour like this on this blog, in voice or in my thoughts. 

"I'm so OVER the haters..." Well you should have thought about that before embedding your fists in your girlfriend's face. Idiot.


3 comments :

  1. While I totally agree with your assessment of domestic abuse and the fact that Chris Brown is clearly one of the most retarded human beings on the planet..... I mean Rihanna!!!!!!!!! I dont agree that this award condones what he did or even suggests that it has been forgotten.
    A: he didnt get away with it.... he did his time in prison!
    B: he was applauded for his music not for who he is.

    He also took a massive hit in his career in terms of sales afterwards. His album Exclusive was very very successful, however since the assault on Rihanna it has taken him a long time go get close to that success.The fact you bought on of his songs highlights that while you actually strongly dislike HIM, you do like some of his music. Surely that point is where your argument slightly falls apart?

    You could also compare him to Michael Jackson, who since around 1993 was involved in sex abuse cases with children. Now while not found guilty, no one can tell me that paying out to end a case makes you innocent!!! Yet he continued to be tagged the King of Pop and push some to label him a genius....myself included!
    While I dont really want to compare offenses, not many people would argue that acts towards children are about as bad as you get. Yet Jackson received award after award for his music.
    Please dont get me wrong I think Chris Brown is a complete (enter as horrific a word as you want) but that does not mean we can not enjoy or admire his music. I look at it very similar to how I see my Idol! Tiger has had well documented issues with his genitals getting out of hand. I do not condone this and I never ever will. That said I believe that his work ethic and desire to succeed is something that we all could learn from. I dont like the guy for many reasons but I do love him for at least a few.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also very quickly, you say "allowed to perform at a prestigious musical awards ceremony that features a tribute to a great artist like Whitney Houston."

    Well thats just it. "Great artist like Whitney Houston" You mean the woman that has ruined herself with drink and drugs that almost certainly led to her death this week???

    Great artist YES! Great human NO!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. And in response to Michael Jackson..........

    ReplyDelete